Erudition Digital Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and informing you how we use the information we gather about you.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By accessing the Website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions whenever you access the Website on any device.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Erudition Digital Limited of 86 – 90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE.
You must be at least 13 years old to register with us. Please do not provide any of your details to us if you are under 13 years old. If you are between the ages of 13 and 16 please ensure that you have your parent’s or guardian’s consent to register and/or before you provide any personal data to the Website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal data. If we become aware that you are under 13 and are attempting to or have submitted personal data via the Website, or that you are between the ages of 13 and 16 and are attempting to or have submitted personal data via the Website without your parent’s/guardian’s permission, we will not accept such information and we will take steps to remove such information from our records. This may involve us having to access and verify your age and other relevant details.
Why we collect information about you and what we do with it
We want to offer you a service which you want to use so we collect and use information held about you:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and to remember you.
- So we may personalise your visits to the Website and develop the design and style of the Website to improve the services offered to you.
- To provide you with information, products, promotions or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so.
- To enable us to contact you if necessary about a comment you have submitted or material you have posted on the Website or in order to verify your identity from time to time.
- To send you promotional or administrative e-mails relating to the Website and updates about the Website.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by e-mail or post.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means e-mail with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on any form on which we collect your data (being the sign-up and/or registration form dependent upon the service you choose).
What Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites www.informance.biz, www.eruditions.co.uk, www.practisingthepiano.com and www.eruditiondigital.co.uk (our sites). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- The type of information we will collect include, for example, your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, gender, preferences and, where relevant, financial, credit card or bank details.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or any of our trading entities or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.